Table of Contents
Each month I do a quick recap of cybersecurity funding and acquisition stats by the numbers with visuals.
All of this is built off of the data I collect each week from the Security, Funded newsletter. If you're not signed up, please consider it!
Subscribe to Security, Funded
Know what's moving the market in cybersecurity.
At a Glance
A lookback at what moved the cybersecurity market in June 2022.
- Approximately $919.6M was invested in 54 cybersecurity companies across 33 unique product categories in June 2022, which was a significant drop from the $1.9B invested in 62 companies in May 2022.
- 10 Series B rounds accounted for 43.4% or $339.0M of funding
- Almost 70% of funding when to United States-based companies, a 10% drop from May 2022, with 18% of funding going to Israeli companies.
- Anetcdotally, capital for cybersecurity companies went a bit more global than in previous months. This could have been in part to the beginning of tightening down on investments globally as VCs and PEGs had to be a bit more methodical about their investments.
- 19 companies across 11 unique product categories accounted for $700.0M merger or acquisition events
- Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) were once again the most acquired category of company, followed by the Secure Networking category.
Top Funded Product Categories
- $110.0M for Continuous Compliance
- $101.3M for Data Access Governance
- $84.5M for Data Protection
- $70.0M for SaaS Security
- $61.5M for Application Security
Top Funded Industries
- $824.1M for No Industry (none)
- $50.0M for Government
- $15.0M for Financial Services
- $11.6M for Insurance
- $7.4M for Consumer
Top Lead Investor Teams
- $110.0M for Craft Ventures
- $100.0M for NightDragon Security
- $70.0M for Thoma Bravo
- $60.0M for National Grid Partners (NGP)
- $53.0M for Acrew Capital
Top Countries Funded
- $642.0M for United States
- $168.3M for Israel
- $29.3M for United Kingdom
- $23.4M for France
- $22.5M for Denmark
Data Collection Methodology
A few tenants I follow for collecting and creating this data:
- I only use public data sources
- I evaluate each company that makes this list to make sure they are solving a cybersecurity problem
- I personally assign the product category for each company (regardless of what their marketing says)
- All funding and acquisition values are in U.S. dollars
- All funding amounts are from the time of collection
Do you want to get access to the data I collect every month so you can do additional analysis?
Just want the data delivered to you every week without having to do the heavy lifting yourself?
I've got you! Check out the data subscription service to learn more.
A weekly recap of cybersecurity funding and M&A news.