My Must Read List
A continuously updated list of books that have helped me the most throughout my career and my life (so far).
Table of Contents
Throughout my career I've found that taking a well-rounded, more global approach to solving problems is often the most useful path.
There is so much you can learn from hearing the stories, adversities, and triumphs from situations and people outside of your every day life.
None of these books are specifically about the cybersecurity field, but all of these books have helped me become a better tech and cybersecurity person.
For getting your life together
For process optimization & DevOps (in order)
For getting acclimated to a new role & strategy
For building and leading great teams
- Powerful: Building a Culture of Freedom and Responsibility
- Leading Change
- Shoe Dog
- Leadership Strategy and Tactics
- Trillion Dollar Coach
For navigating uncertainty and turnaround situations
- Who Says Elephants Can’t Dance: Inside IBM’s Historic Turnaround
- American Icon
- Losing the Signal: The Rise and Spectacular Fall of BlackBerry
- Creativity, Inc
For getting better at negotiations
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things: Building a Business When There Are No Easy Answers
- The Almanack of Naval Ravikant: A Guide to Wealth and Happiness
- The Business of Expertise
- Company of One
For better understanding different perspectives
- Talking to Strangers
- Factfulness: Ten Reasons We're Wrong About the World - and Why Things Are Better Than You Think
- The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference
I'll continue to update this list as I read through more books.
Have a book that I definitely need to read and add to this list that changed your perspective? Let me know!