Table of Contents
Big moves for Salt Security on the API security front, which is become synonymous with the AppSec world, and for Shift5 who is securing the operational technology (OT) on the world's battlefields.
NEW! Launching this week is my new data subscription service.
I collect a ton of data every week to make this newsletter and the Pro Reports, and I'm now offering up direct access to the data and correlations. This isn't the kind of stuff you'll find on Crunchbase or Pitchbook, so check it out and let me know what you think!
Speaking of the kind of stuff you'll find on most platforms...
Please fill out the anonymous survey to help me make this newsletter and community better 👉 https://forms.gle/uUFf6oy8sYu1FHuz7
- 14 companies raised $265.7M across 11 unique product categories
- 2 companies were acquired or had a merger event
🧩 By Product Category
- $140.0M for API Security
- $50.0M for Operational Technology (OT) Security
- $28.5M for Threat & Vulnerability Management (TVM)
- $22.5M for Data Protection
- $8.0M for Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- $6.8M for Anti-Phishing
- $6.0M for SaaS Security
- $3.5M for Security Operations
- $384.2K for Privacy
- An undisclosed amount for Security Awareness
- An undisclosed amount for Continuous Compliance
Get out of your career advancement rut and start moving up to create the career and lifestyle you want.
Check out the pre-sale event for a short video course launching on March 1st. This course is a 45-minute video and a Notion Page with additional resources to help you have a breakout career.
🏢 By Company
- Salt Security, an API protection platform, raised a $140.0M Series D.
- Shift5, an intrusion detection, prevention, and incident response platform for operational technology (OT), raised a $50.0M Series B.
- Vicarius, a vulnerability prioritization and remediation platform, raised a $24.0M Series A.
- Calamu, an anti-ransomware platform focused on data sharding and encryption, raised a $16.5M Series A.
- IndyKite, a cloud identity platform built to secure and manage human & non-person (IoT) identities, raised a $8.0M Seed.
- Allure, an anti-phishing solution, raised a $6.8M Seed.
- Canonic Security, a SaaS application governance and enforcement platform, raised a $6.0M Seed.
- Titaniam, an anti-ransomware platform focused on unstructured data encryption and availability, raised a $6.0M Seed.
- DeepSurface Security, a vulnerability and threat prioritization platform, raised a $4.5M Seed.
- SecureThings, a cybersecurity monitoring platform for Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (CAVs), raised a $3.5M Seed.
- Privacy Tools, a privacy compliance platform that helps companies stay in line with global privacy regulations, raised a $384.0K Venture Round.
- ControlMap, a continuous compliance platform, raised an undisclosed Seed.
- Dmails, a decentralized email service focused on privacy preservation, raised an undisclosed Venture Round.
- HacWare, an email security awareness platform leveraging AI, raised an undisclosed Seed.
🤝 Mergers & Acquisitions
- Tripwire, a risk-based security and compliance management platform most known for its File Integrity Monitoring (FIM) product, was acquired by HelpSystems.
- Vectrix, a SaaS application governance and data security enforcement platform, was acquired by Cloudflare.
🔐 Secure The Job
If you're looking to break into cybersecurity or advance your career, check out the job board on Pallet, with curated, highly relevant roles picked for you.
Each week I sift through all the noise on the Internet for the best cybersecurity jobs so you don't have to. On the board, you'll find roles spanning a variety of startups, cybersecurity product companies, banks, Fintechs, and more!
Job Posters - If you want the role to be featured at the top of the list or in this newsletter, check out the "Featured" and "Premium" tiers. It's cheaper and more engaging than posting on other job sites or blasting into the void on LinkedIn.
📚 Great Reads & Finds
- Entry-Level Cybersecurity Certification Pilot Program - (ISC)2 launches the first-ever entry-level cybersecurity exam to help fill the cybersecurity workforce gap priced at the U.S. $125. The new pilot certification program is aimed at helping cybersecurity career pursuers demonstrate their foundational knowledge to employers, proving they can learn and grow on the job.
- PassGenerator - a secure password generator from Zack Loether with a CLI utility. It can generate random complex or phonetic passwords.
- What is IAST? - A video primer from WeHackPurple on what IAST is and why it's important.
🎉 Enjoying This Newsletter?
When marketing and hacking join forces 🤝. I'm not even mad, I'm just impressed. Would get my teeth cleaned here 13/10.