Table of Contents
Another week, another singular $1.0B funding event for a cybersecurity company. That makes the second $1.0B+ funding event in the past 4 months. 🤯 It continues to be a good time to be a cybersecurity founder.
In "almost-acquisition" news, Cisco put in a $20.0B bid to acquire Splunk. Welcome to the new mega funding normal.
A few reminders:
- For the new folks who joined last week, check out the new data subscription service.
- You can still pre-order my first video course that's launching on March 1st.
- Please fill out the anonymous survey to help me make this newsletter better!
- 11 companies raised $1.2B across 10 unique product categories
- 3 companies were acquired or had a merger event
🧩 By Product Category
- $1.0B for Security Analytics
- $175.0M for Network Detection and Response (NDR)
- $40.0M for Secure Networking
- $12.0M for Anti-Bot
- $5.7M for Professional Services
- $4.3M for Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP)
- $2.3M for Breach & Attack Simulation (BAS)
- $350.0K for Cybersecurity Education & Training
- $283.0K for Privacy
- An undisclosed amount for Mobile Device Security
Live discussion with Bridgecrew, KSOC, and ManiCode
What does the cloud-native movement mean for AppSec? This Thursday, learn the security strategies and tips you should adopt now with the experts in secure coding, Kubernetes, and infrastructure as code security. RSVP for free!
🏢 By Company
- Securonix, a security analytics and operations management platform, raised a $1.0B Private Equity Round.
- IronNet Cybersecurity, a network detection and response (NDR) platform, raised a $175.0M Post-IPO Equity.
- Allot Communications, a secure networking and network intelligence platform using deep packet inspection (DPI), raised a $40.0M Post-IPO Equity.
- Netacea, an anti-bot platform to protect websites, mobile apps and APIs from automated threats, raised a $12.0M Series A.
- CybExer Technologies, a joint venture professional services firm focusing on cybersecurity, raised a $5.7M Venture Round.
- Cyber Sierra, a managed security services provider (MSSP) focusing on cyber governance and posture management, raised a $4.3M Seed.
- watchTowr, a breach and attack surface (BAS) platform using automated and continuous testing, raised a $2.3M Seed.
- Nymiz, a privacy platform focusing on GDPR compliance, raised a $238.0K Pre-Seed.
- Teach Cyber, a non-profit focused on educating high schools about cybersecurity, raised a $200.0K Grant.
- SecurEd, a not-for-profit focused on educating the next generation of the cybersecurity workforce in K-20 schools, raised a $150.0K Grant.
- Kryptowire, a mobile device management (MDM) platform focused on vulnerability management, raised an undisclosed Venture Round.
- Privasee, a privacy platform focusing on GDPR compliance, raised an undisclosed Pre-Seed.
- Sedicii, a privacy consent platform that allows customers to expressly consent to their data being shared, raised an undisclosed Seed.
🤝 Mergers & Acquisitions
- Cyber Protection, a professional services company focused on offensive security, was acquired by Appalachia Technologies.
- Cyber Risk Aware, a professional services company focusing on social engineering and security awareness, was acquired by TitanHQ.
- IT4Success, a professional services company focused on cybersecurity, was acquired by Infradax.
🔐 Secure The Job
If you're looking to break into cybersecurity or advance your career, check out the job board on Pallet, with curated, highly relevant roles picked for you.
Each week I sift through all the noise on the Internet for the best cybersecurity jobs so you don't have to. On the board, you'll find roles spanning a variety of startups, cybersecurity product companies, banks, Fintechs, and more!
Job Posters - If you want the role to be featured at the top of the list or in this newsletter, check out the "Featured" and "Premium" tiers. It's cheaper and more engaging than posting on other job sites or blasting into the void on LinkedIn.
📚 Great Reads & Finds
- 1Password's Blue Ocean Strategy - A deep dive into 1Password's strategy and future after its massive Series C ($620.0M) funding announcement from my friend Cole Grolmus over at Strategy of Security.
- Awesome Cyber Security Newsletters - Periodic cyber security newsletters that capture the latest news, summaries of conference talks, research, best practices, tools, events, vulnerabilities, and analysis of trending threats and attacks.
- Social Engineering the Interview - A talk from Ursula Cowan - Ever get completely flustered when it's time for the interview portion of job seeking? Do you think that because you are introverted you can't use social engineering to help not only better deal with any social anxiety you might have, but also to help the presenters get to know the real you?
🎉 Enjoying This Newsletter?
With a name like OpenSea, you've got to expect to catch a few phish
A weekly recap of cybersecurity funding and M&A news.