Table of Contents
Lots of movement happened last week on the investing front and the cybersecurity front at large. Publicly traded cybersecurity stocks made some substantial gains while other parts of the market were down with Russia invading Ukraine.
With the real and present danger from coordinated physical and cybersecurity war tactics, expect a whole new breed of cybersecurity companies to better bridge that physical and digital divide.
Don't forget that my first video course launches on March 1st (tomorrow)!
- 16 companies raised $746.0M across 13 unique product categories
- 5 companies were acquired or had a merger event
🧩 By Product Category
- $250.0M for Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP)
- $150.0M for Anti-Bot
- $100.0M for Passwordless Authentication
- $81.0M for Continuous Compliance
- $54.0M for Anti-Phishing
- $38.0M for Internet of Things (IoT) Security
- $24.0M for SaaS Security
- $20.3M for Secure Networking
- $14.0M for Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT)
- $10.6M for Threat Intelligence
- $2.5M for Security Awareness
- $2.0M for Privacy
- An undisclosed amount for Professional Services
Lacework is data-driven cloud security.
Our platform, powered by Polygraph®, automates cloud security at scale so our customers can innovate with speed and safety across AWS, Azure, GCP, and Kubernetes environments.
Schedule a meeting to start your cloud security journey today!
🏢 By Company
- BlueVoyant, a managed security services provider (MSSP) focused on cyber threat intelligence and cyber forensics, raised a $250.0M Series D.
- CHEQ, an anti-bot and machine identity protection platform, raised a $150.0M Series C.
- Beyond Identity, a passwordless authentication platform, raised a $100.0M Series C.
- Secureframe, a continuous compliance platform, raised a $56.0M Series B.
- Red Sift, an anti-phishing platform that focuses on domain, DMARC, and brand protection, raised a $54.0M Series B.
- Phosphorus, an Internet of Things (IoT) security platform, raised a $38.0M Series A.
- Anecdotes, a continuous compliance platform focused on startups and hyper-growth companies, raised a $25.0M Series A.
- Zero Networks, a zero-trust and network segmentation platform that focuses on automated deployments, raised a $20.3M Series A.
- Astrix Security, an access management platform for third-party applications and integrations, raised a $15.0M Seed.
- Picnic Corporation, a company focused on combating social engineering by limiting employee data exposure, raised a $14.0M Seed.
- Cyble, an AI-powered platform for darkweb and cybercrime monitoring, raised a $10.0M Seed.
- Suridata, a data-centric SaaS security posture management platform, raised a $9.0M Seed.
- PhishFirewall, a security awareness and threat emulation platform focused on reducing phishing, raised a $2.5M Seed.
- Gesund, a machine learning (ML) platform for sharing medical data in a privacy-preserving format, raised a $2.0M Seed.
- Brandefense, a cyber threat intelligence and brand monitoring service, raised a $600.0K Seed.
- XMIRROR, a professional services firm focused on DevSecOps, application security testing, and pen testing, raised an undisclosed Series B.
🤝 Mergers & Acquisitions
- Area 1 Security, an anti-phishing platform leveraging AI/ML, was acquired by Cloudflare.
- Caretower, a managed security services provider (MSSP), was acquired by Integrity360.
- Cybersprint, an attack surface management (ASM) platform, was acquired by Darktrace.
- Defend, a managed security services provider (MSSP), was acquired by Vodafone xone NZ.
- Eperi, a managed cloud and data security gateway platform, was acquired by Equistone Partners Europe.
🔐 Secure The Job
If you're looking to break into cybersecurity or advance your career, check out the job board on Pallet, with curated, highly relevant roles picked for you.
Each week I sift through all the noise on the Internet for the best cybersecurity jobs so you don't have to. On the board, you'll find roles spanning a variety of startups, cybersecurity product companies, banks, Fintechs, and more!
Job Posters - If you want the role to be featured at the top of the list or in this newsletter, check out the "Featured" and "Premium" tiers. It's cheaper and more engaging than posting on other job sites or blasting into the void on LinkedIn.
Network with investors, founders, and the cyber startup community and apply to pitch live on stage for a shot at up to a $250K investment.
The 2022 Blu Cyber Summit, now in its fourth year, is a premier cybersecurity startup event on the East Coast. The event – which takes place on May 10-11 in North Bethesda, MD, just outside of Washington, DC – brings together startups, investors, CISOs, and cybersecurity professionals for the primary purpose of opening doors for the next deal, whether that be your next sale, your next fundraise, an exit, or anything in between.
As a partner of Blu Ventures, we are happy to provide our readers with a 10% discount code for the event, 'SecFun22'. Early bird tickets expire tonight at midnight (Feb 28th) ET!
You can learn more and get your tickets here: www.blucybersummit.com.
📚 Great Reads & Finds
- Starbase - Starbase from JupiterOne, collects assets and relationships from services and systems including cloud infrastructure, SaaS applications, security controls, and more into an intuitive graph view backed by the Neo4j database.
- Cloud Security Podcast - Ashish Rajan interviews Summit Route’s Scott Piper on his Cloud Security Podcast, covering what to prioritize as a start-up, challenges for medium to large companies, continuous compliance, getting started in cloud security, and more.
- Never, Ever, Ever Use Pixelation for Redacting Text - To show you why, Bishop Fox's Dan Petro wrote a tool called Unredacter that takes redacted pixelated text and reverses it back into its unredacted form.
🎉 Enjoying This Newsletter?
Pizza with (WiFi) Pineapple just hits different. 🍕💯