Table of Contents
A slower than average week, but was expected with all that is going on in the world.
I expect that companies solving physical and digital cybersecurity needs will see big growth this year because it looks like we need it now more than ever.
It's a stressful world out there now, and there isn't a lot that I could say that will really do justice to what is happening. 🇺🇦
- 8 companies raised $150.2M across 8 unique product categories
- 2 companies were acquired or had a merger event
🧩 By Product Category
- $70.0M for Cloud Security
- $20.0M for Managed Detection and Response (MDR)
- $20.0M for API Security
- $17.5M for Threat & Vulnerability Management (TVM)
- $11.0M for SaaS Security
- $8.4M for Application Security
- $3.3M for Physical Security
- An undisclosed amount for Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP)
GarbleCloud, a leading provider of frictionless file and data security solutions for the modern workforce, invites business and IT leaders to attend an exclusive live expert panel event, hosted by industry experts from DataBricks and GarbleCloud as well as the Barak Engel, founder and CISO of Eammune, and the author of the “Security Hippie.”
In light of a booming decentralized and fractional workforce, attendees will discover the trends accelerating new approaches to data security. Register Today!
🏢 By Company
- Balbix, a cloud security operations and threat intelligence platform, raised a $70.0M Series C.
- Bright Security, an API security testing platform, raised a $20.0M Series A.
- Scope Security, a managed detection and response (MDR) platform for hospitals, clinics, and large provider systems, raised a $20.0M Series A.
- CardinalOps, a platform focused on identifying cloud infrastructure threats and providing pre-engineered mitigations, raised a $17.5M Series A.
- VISO Trust, a SaaS-based vendor security due diligence platform, raised a $11.0M Series A.
- LivEye, a physical security monitoring company leveraging mobile surveillance technology, raised a $3.3M Series D.
- Lightspeed Systems, a web filtering, mobile device management, and device monitoring provider for K-12 schools, raised an undisclosed Private Equity Round.
🤝 Mergers & Acquisitions
- Ava Security, a cloud-based video security company focused on surveillance and data loss prevention, was acquired by Motorola Solutions.
- HWG, a managed security services provider (MSSP), was acquired by Investcorp.
🔐 Secure The Job
If you're looking to break into cybersecurity or advance your career, check out the job board on Pallet, with curated, highly relevant roles picked for you.
Each week I sift through all the noise on the Internet for the best cybersecurity jobs so you don't have to. On the board, you'll find roles spanning a variety of startups, cybersecurity product companies, banks, Fintechs, and more!
Job Posters - If you want the role to be featured at the top of the list or in this newsletter, check out the "Featured" and "Premium" tiers. It's cheaper and more engaging than posting on other job sites or blasting into the void on LinkedIn.
Network with investors, founders, and the cyber startup community and apply to pitch live on stage for a shot at up to a $250K investment.
The 2022 Blu Cyber Summit, now in its fourth year, is a premier cybersecurity startup event on the East Coast. The event – which takes place on May 10-11 in North Bethesda, MD, just outside of Washington, DC – brings together startups, investors, CISOs, and cybersecurity professionals for the primary purpose of opening doors for the next deal, whether that be your next sale, your next fundraise, an exit, or anything in between.
As a partner of Blu Ventures, we are happy to provide our readers with a 10% discount code for the event, 'SecFun22'. Early bird tickets expire tonight at midnight (Feb 28th) ET!
You can learn more and get your tickets here: www.blucybersummit.com.
📚 Great Reads & Finds
- Cloud Security Trends for 2022 - Ashish Rajan, creator and host of Cloud Security Podcast, makes predictions about cloud security trends for 2022 in this video on LinkedIn.
- Cybersecurity is easy - Last Week As A vCISO writer, Ayman Elsawah, shares how you to empathize a little with security practitioners and leaders (also has a good list of stuff CISOs and security leaders have to handle, which is a good reminder of the stuff I’ve forgotten to do, brb 👀)
- Attack Flow - ATT&CK Flow helps executives, SOC managers, and defenders easily understand how attackers compose ATT&CK techniques into attacks by developing a representation of attack flows, modeling attack flows for a small corpus of incidents, and creating visualization tools to display attack flows.
🎉 Enjoying This Newsletter?
Finally a scale for cyber incidents that makes sense.
A weekly recap of cybersecurity funding and M&A news.