Table of Contents
8 companies raised $202.8M across 7 unique product categories and Veracode was acquired (again) for $2.5B.
Acquisitions continue to raise, not only in deal size, but also in total volume of transactions. I believe this is an indicator of companies making "safer" bets due to the geopolitical landscape by acquiring already established businesses instead of making "riskier" bets on unproven startups.
Let's dive in.
- 8 companies raised $202.8M across 7 unique product categories
- 7 companies were acquired or had a merger event for $3.2B
🧩 By Product Category
- $100.0M for Cyber Insurance
- $37.0M for Continuous Compliance
- $28.0M for Security Operations
- $23.2M for Network Security
- $13.0M for Threat & Vulnerability Management (TVM)
- $1.7M for Cybersecurity Education & Training
- An undisclosed amount for Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP)
🏢 By Company
- Cowbell Cyber, a cyber insurance company, raised a $100.0M Series B.
- Apptega, a continuous compliance platform, raised a $37.0M Private Equity Round.
- Todyl, a networking and security platform built for MSPs, raised a $28.0M Series A.
- Rumble Network Discovery, a network discovery and asset inventory platform, raised a $15.0M Series A.
- Hackuity, a vulnerability prioritization and automated patching platform, raised a $13.0M Series A.
- OneLayer, a mobile network security company for private cellular (LTE/5G) networks, raised a $8.2M Seed.
- Forge Institute, a training academy to upskill the next generation of the cybersecurity workforce, raised a $1.7M Grant.
- Senteon, a managed security services provider (MSSP) focused on endpoint monitoring and operating system hardening, raised an undisclosed Seed.
🤝 Mergers & Acquisitions
- Veracode, a secure code development platform, was acquired by TA Associates for $2.5B.
- Attivo Networks, an identity protection platform across the endpoint and cloud, was acquired by SentinelOne for $616.5M.
- 7 Elements, a professional services firm focusing on penetration testing and incident response, was acquired by Redcentric for $3.1M.
- CYR3CON, a threat intelligence data platform that leverage artificial intelligence (AI) to predict attacks, was acquired by Cyber Security Works for an undisclosed amount.
- Debricked, an open source software security platform, was acquired by CyberRes for an undisclosed amount.
- NetCraftsmen, a professional services company focused on cloud security, was acquired by BlueAlly for an undisclosed amount.
- Secure Halo, a consulting and managed services business focused on cybersecurity, was acquired by Mission Critical Partners for an undisclosed amount.
🔐 Secure The Job
If you're looking for new opportunities (actively or passively), I've got two ways to help:
- Return on Security Job Board - Browse the jobs I curate each week and apply for what matches your interests.
- Return on Security Talent Collective - Join the talent collective to get personally matched with high-growth, high-upside opportunities. This is invite-only, curated by me, and you can set your profile to be public or anonymous.
Companies and hiring managers - if you’re looking to hire the best talent in Return on Security community, you can also sign-up here.
Network with investors, founders, and the cyber startup community and apply to pitch live on stage for a shot at up to a $250K investment.
The 2022 Blu Cyber Summit, now in its fourth year, is a premier cybersecurity startup event on the East Coast. The event – which takes place on May 10-11 in North Bethesda, MD, just outside of Washington, DC – brings together startups, investors, CISOs, and cybersecurity professionals for the primary purpose of opening doors for the next deal, whether that be your next sale, your next fundraise, an exit, or anything in between.
As a partner of Blu Ventures, we are happy to provide our readers with a 10% discount code for the event, 'SecFun22'. P.S. I'll be there, so let's meetup!
You can learn more and get your tickets here: www.blucybersummit.com.
📚 Great Reads & Finds
- 3 CISO's Walk Into A Startup... - A story of how three different people can react in different ways to the same situation…
- Top 10 CI/CD Risks - Numerous industry experts across multiple verticals and disciplines came together to collaborate on this document to ensure its relevance to today’s threat landscape, risk surface, and the challenges that defenders face in dealing with these risks.
🎉 Enjoying This Newsletter?
This is the only kind of automation I'm interested in, just drop the payload link plz.
The weekly newsletter recapping cybersecurity funding news.