Table of Contents
Funding doubled from last week showing that venture capital investment in this space is not slowing doing for long despite broader economic factors at play.
Let's dive in.
- 15 companies raised $405.3M across 11 unique product categories
- 2 companies were acquired or had a merger event
🧩 By Product Category
- $150.0M for Data Protection
- $115.0M for Remote Browser Isolation
- $45.0M for Cloud Security
- $25.0M for Privacy
- $21.0M for Application Security
- $20.0M for Threat & Vulnerability Management (TVM)
- $16.0M for Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- $5.3M for Threat Intelligence
- $5.0M for Privileged Access Management (PAM)
- $3.0M for Security Operations
- An undisclosed amount for Anti-Bot
Lacework is data-driven cloud security.
Join our upcoming virtual session with Groups360 – a company that brings transparency and simplicity to booking group travel – to learn how Lacework helped them:
- Automate security & compliance from a single platform
- Mitigate the need for SIEM
- Plus more!
🏢 By Company
- Island, a secure remote browser isolation platform, raised a $115.0M Series B from Insight Partners.
- TokenEx, a data tokenization platform for offloading sensitive data for third-party partners, raised a $100.0M Series B from K1 Investment Management.
- Theta Lake, a data protection and compliance platform for universal collaboration platforms like Slack, Zoom, and WebEx, raised a $50.0M Series B from Battery Ventures.
- MixMode, a cloud security anomaly detection platform, raised a $45.0M Series B from PSG.
- D-ID, a facial image de-identification platform, raised a $25.0M Series B from Macquarie Capital.
- ForAllSecure, an automated application security testing platform, raised a $21.0M Series B from Koch Disruptive Technologies.
- Nucleus Security, an automated threat and vulnerability remediation platform, raised a $20.0M Series B from Lead Edge Capital.
- Clear Skye, an identity and access management (IAM) lifecycle management and governance platform, raised a $14.0M Series A from Storm Ventures.
- Apono, a privileged access management (PAM) platform for cloud services, raised a $5.0M Seed from Meron Capital.
- ThreatBlockr, a threat intelligence platform that integrates into your firewalls and SOAR platforms to block news threats, raised a $5.0M Series A from Gula Tech Adventures.
- AgileBlue, a SOC-as-a-Service company, raised a $3.0M Preferred Round from Tribeca Early Stage Partners.
- Secfense, a platform that learns user authentication flows and helps enforce multi-factor authentication (MFA) and zero-trust principles, raised a $2.0M Venture Round from Bartosz Dobrzyński.
- Threat Jammer, a threat intelligence API service, raised a $330.0K Pre-Seed.
- F8th, a customer authentication platform that protects against bot identity attacks, raised an undisclosed Grant from Google Cloud Accelerator Canada.
- SandboxAQ, a post-quantum cryptography (PQC) sandbox platform spun out from Alphabet (Google), raised an undisclosed Venture Round from Breyer Capital.
🤝 Mergers & Acquisitions
- Choice Cybersecurity, a managed services provider (MSP) focused on compliance and cybersecurity, was acquired by Pye-Barker Fire & Safety for an undisclosed amount.
- Meridian Network Services, a managed services provider (MSP) focused on cybersecurity for SMBs, was acquired by Upstack for an undisclosed amount.
🔐 Secure The Job
If you're looking for new opportunities (actively or passively), I've got two ways to help:
- Return on Security Job Board - Browse the jobs I curate each week and apply for what matches your interests.
- Return on Security Talent Collective - Join the talent collective to get personally matched with high-growth, high-upside opportunities. This is invite-only, curated by me, and you can set your profile to be public or anonymous.
Companies and hiring managers - if you’re looking to hire the best talent in Return on Security community, you can also sign-up here.
Network with investors, founders, and the cyber startup community and apply to pitch live on stage for a shot at up to a $250K investment.
The 2022 Blu Cyber Summit, now in its fourth year, is a premier cybersecurity startup event on the East Coast. The event – which takes place on May 10-11 in North Bethesda, MD, just outside of Washington, DC – brings together startups, investors, CISOs, and cybersecurity professionals for the primary purpose of opening doors for the next deal, whether that be your next sale, your next fundraise, an exit, or anything in between.
As a partner of Blu Ventures, we are happy to provide our readers with a 10% discount code for the event, 'SecFun22'.
P.S. I'll be there, so let's meet up!
You can learn more and get your tickets here: www.blucybersummit.com.
📚 Great Reads & Finds
- Startups - Avoid these Mistakes when Scaling your Compliance Program - guidance on how to scale your program or remain compliant without getting observations as your company grows.
- The Cybersecurity Industry has 53 Unicorns. - Here are 10 to watch - at least one of these companies has even sponsored the Security, Funded newsletter. I'm not saying that your company will become a unicorn if you sponsor this newsletter, but I'm not NOT saying that either. 👀
- Don’t Throw Too Much Shade on Okta - A lot of tools have admin access to a lot of things on your network and could easily become attack vectors. Let’s not jump too quickly to blame.
🎉 Enjoying This Newsletter?
The original NFTs just [fit] different.
Did I also make an NFT about a person asking me how to make an NFT? Maybe
(this is a satire Twitter account and this NFT was just made for fun, but yes you can actually buy it 👀)
The weekly newsletter recapping cybersecurity funding news.