Table of Contents
Last week was a big volume week for funding and acquisitions alike. Also, for the second time, the company sponsoring today's newsletter has also raised a large funding round.
Is it a coincidence that companies who sponsor this newsletter raise large funding rounds and go on to take over their market?
I think not! 😎
Let's dive in.
- 15 companies raised $219.0M across 13 unique product categories
- 6 companies were acquired or had a merger event for $572.0M
🧩 By Product Category
- $57.6M for Data Protection
- $47.3M for Threat Intelligence
- $27.0M for Attack Surface Management (ASM)
- $25.0M for Privacy
- $22.0M for Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP)
- $20.0M for SaaS Security
- $10.8M for Internet of Things (IoT) Security
- $4.8M for Passwordless Authentication
- $4.0M for Fraud Detection
- $500.0K for Application Security
- An undisclosed amount for Security Operations
- An undisclosed amount for Professional Services
- An undisclosed amount for Cloud Security
Why it is so important – and not so hard, after all – to manage your cloud IAM
This session from Ermetic will offer an introduction to the IAM mechanisms available in the 3 cloud providers – AWS, Azure and GCP – through comparison between them, the concepts they employ and common pitfalls cloud admins should be aware of.
🏢 By Company
- Cyera, a data security platform that identifies sensitive data in the cloud, raised a $56.0M Series A from Accel and Sequoia Capital.
- ThreatBook, a threat intelligence platform, raised a $47.3M Series E from CDH Investments.
- Cyberpion, an attack surface management (ASM) platform, raised a $27.0M Series A from U.S. Venture Partners.
- Cloaked, a consumer-first privacy company that enables individuals to take control of their personal data, raised a $25.0M Series A from Human Capital and Lux Capital.
- Electric, an IT and cybersecurity managed services provider (MSP), raised a $20.0M Series D from Harmonic Growth Partners.
- Wing Security, a SaaS application security auditing and remediation platform, raised a $20.0M Series A from GGV Capital.
- Teal Communications, an Internet of Things (IoT) security company focused on securing cellular-connected IoT devices, raised a $10.8M Series A from StageDotO and Stormbreaker Ventures.
- tru.ID, a passwordless authentication platform leveraging mobile device SIM cards to prove identity, raised a $4.8M Seed from Sorenson Ventures.
- Effectiv, a machine learning fraud detection platform, raised a $4.0M Seed from Accel, REV.
- PKI Solutions, a managed security services provider (MSSP) focusing on managing identity and encryption systems, raised a $2.0M Debt Financing Round from Northwest Bank.
- Vinchin, a virtual machine (VM) data protection and disaster recovery platform, raised a $1.6M Series A from Chengdu Venture Capital.
- Polaris Infosec, a web application security platform, raised a $500.0K Seed from CyLon.
- Ermetic, a cloud infrastructure security platform, raised an undisclosed Venture Round. (this week’s sponsor!)
- QuoLab Technologies, a security operations platform that unifies threat intelligence and incident case management processes, raised an undisclosed Seed from TEDCO.
- Truvantis, a professional services firm focused on cybersecurity, raised an undisclosed Corporate Round from Guidepost Solutions.
🤝 Mergers & Acquisitions
- Zimperium, a mobile device security platform, was acquired by Liberty Strategic Capital for $525.0M.
- CBI, a managed security services provider (MSSP), was acquired by Converge Technology Solutions for $47.0M.
- Cryptshare, a secure file sharing and email platform, was acquired by Pointsharp for an undisclosed amount.
- Gemini Risk Partners, a cyber insurance provider, was acquired by High Street Insurance Partners for an undisclosed amount.
- Hysolate, an operating system (OS) isolation platform, was acquired by Perception Point for an undisclosed amount.
- Resolver, a professional services firm focused on cybersecurity, was acquired by Kroll for an undisclosed amount.
🔐 Secure The Job
If you're looking for new opportunities (actively or passively), I've got two ways to help:
- Return on Security Job Board - Browse the jobs I curate each week and apply for what matches your interests.
- Return on Security Talent Collective - Join the talent collective to get personally matched with high-growth, high-upside opportunities. This is invite-only, curated by me, and you can set your profile to be public or anonymous.
Companies and hiring managers - if you’re looking to hire the best talent in Return on Security community, you can also sign-up here.
📚 Great Reads & Finds
- Security Architecture News - Dmitry Raidman and Evgeniy Kharam have a great podcast focusing on Cyber Security Architecture! They did an intense covering of the SASE framework and Application Security, and they just started their newsletters.
- Basic security for humans in 4 Fridays - A straightforward guide on how to set up your own basic personal security for things like password managers and MFA. This is for the regular, non-InfoSec people in your lives (also known as 'muggles' 🧙♂️).
- Access Undenied on AWS - Ermetic launched a new open-source tool called "Access Undenied on AWS" that parses AWS AccessDenied CloudTrail events, explains the reasons for them, and offers actionable fixes.
🎉 Enjoying This Newsletter?
Bank security be like
The weekly newsletter recapping cybersecurity funding news.