Table of Contents
Or rather a good afternoon from across the pond! This week's issue comes to you live and direct from the UK while on vacation where I plan to have a few proper pints. 🍻🇬🇧
For the first time since starting this newsletter, the number of acquired companies is greater than the number of funded companies this week. 😳
Let's dive in.
- 7 companies raised $188.4M across 7 unique product categories
- 11 companies were acquired or had a merger event for $2.5B
🧩 By Product Category
- $100.0M for Network Security
- $60.0M for Endpoint Protection
- $12.0M for API Security
- $7.0M for Security Awareness
- $6.0M for Security Analytics
- $3.4M for Payment Security
- An undisclosed amount for Cybersecurity Education & Training
Better data creates better outcomes.
If you're using generic data sources to help you invest in cybersecurity, you're wasting money.
- Incomplete records
- Missing data
- No company verification
- Any company can say they do "cybersecurity"
- Descriptions that make no sense
Trends from Return on Security - Access curated cybersecurity funding, acquisition, investor, and product category trends to bring value to your customers and investments.
🏢 By Company
- Nord Security, a secure VPN platform (makers of the popular NordVPN), raised a $100.0M Venture Round from Novator and Burda Principal Investments.
- Coronet, an endpoint protection and risk prioritization platform, raised a $60.0M Series C from Balderton Capital.
- Corsha, an API security platform focusing on zero-trust machine-to-machine communications, raised a $12.0M Series A from Edge Ventures and TenEleven Ventures.
- Nudge Security, a security awareness and training platform focused on human psychology, raised a $7.0M Seed from Ballistic Ventures.
- SeeMetrics, a security analytics and reporting platform, raised a $6.0M Seed from 8VC.
- Trustap, a payment security platform, raised a $3.4M Seed from Middlegame Ventures.
- Malwation, a malware simulation platform for testing endpoint protection tools and threat hunting exercises, raised an undisclosed Seed.
🤝 Mergers & Acquisitions
- Pensando, a secure service edge computing platform, was acquired by AMD for $1.9B.
- Tufin, a firewall auditing and management platform, was acquired by Turn/River Capital for $570.0M.
- Truststream, a cybersecurity professional services firm, was acquired by SysGroup PLC for $10.4M.
- BLAUD, a mobile device management (MDM) and mobile threat protection platform, was acquired by CWSI for an undisclosed amount.
- CoreIP Solutions, a professional services consulting firm, was acquired by NTERSOL for an undisclosed amount.
- Cybraics, a security analytics platform, was acquired by Silversky for an undisclosed amount.
- Juniper Networks, a network security company, was acquired by Synopsys for an undisclosed amount.
- River Loop Security, an Internet of Things (IoT) security platform, was acquired by Two Six Technologies for an undisclosed amount.
- SimpleLogin, a privacy and security focused email platform, was acquired by ProtonMail for an undisclosed amount.
- Terranova Security, a company providing phishing, GDPR, and security awareness programs, was acquired by HelpSystems for an undisclosed amount.
- Weop Sensor Systems AB, a professional services company focused on national security, was acquired by AFRY for an undisclosed amount.
🔐 Secure The Job
If you're looking for new opportunities (actively or passively), I've got two ways to help:
- Return on Security Job Board - Browse the jobs I curate each week and apply for what matches your interests.
- Return on Security Talent Collective - Join the talent collective to get personally matched with high-growth, high-upside opportunities. This is invite-only, curated by me, and you can set your profile to be public or anonymous.
Companies and hiring managers - if you’re looking to hire the best talent in Return on Security community, you can also sign-up here.
📚 Great Reads & Finds
- Learning Blockchain Hacking - A guide to getting started with Blockchain hacking and auditing techniques.
- Personal Security Checklist - A curated checklist of tips to protect your digital security and privacy by Alicia Sykes.
- An Opinionated Guide to Scaling Your Company's Security - This is gold from Clint Gibler and one I refer to often - This talk distills the big, scalable, systematic wins that measurably improve a company’s security posture, aggregated from dozens of conference talks, blog posts, and in-person conversations I’ve had with security engineers at tens of companies.
🎉 Enjoying This Newsletter?
Seems legit, serious inquiries only plz