💰 Security, Funded #41
The Security, Funded newsletter issue #41 - Cybersecurity funding and M&A news from the week of April 25th, 2022.
Table of Contents
I hope you had a great weekend!
Another big week for funding and M&As in the cybersecurity space plus a new referral program with new rewards for the newsletter drops today.
FYI - To the folks who have already hit a tier or two on the last scale, be on the lookout for me to email you directly for your new rewards. 😎
Let's stack this 🧀, fam.
- 16 companies raised $741.6M across 11 unique product categories
- 6 companies were acquired or had a merger event for $375.0M
🧩 By Product Category
- $412.0M for Application Security
- $174.0M for Data Protection
- $45.0M for Threat Intelligence
- $30.0M for Cloud Workload Protection Platform (CWPP)
- $27.0M for Internet Security
- $22.5M for Threat & Vulnerability Management (TVM)
- $20.0M for Endpoint Protection
- $10.0M for Breach & Attack Simulation (BAS)
- $1.1M for Privacy
- An undisclosed amount for Secure Networking
- An undisclosed amount for Professional Services
Access niche cybersecurity funding and product category trends to bring value to your customers and investments.
✌️ Goodbye generic data.
👋 Hello curated, high-signal data.
Find your next alpha.
🏢 By Company
- SonarSource, a code quality and code security developer tool, raised a $412.0M Venture Round from Advent International, General Catalyst.
- Veza, a data protection platform focused on identity and authorization, raised a $110.0M Series C from Accel.
- Strider, a threat intelligence platform for cyber espionage threats, raised a $45.0M Series B from Valor Equity Partners.
- ARMO, a Kubernetes cloud workload protection platform (CWPP), raised a $30.0M Series A from Tiger Global Management.
- Source Defense, a platform for protecting against automated attacks and client-side threats, raised a $27.0M Series B from Springtide Ventures.
- Enveil, a data protection platform that allows for searching of encrypted data-in-use, raised a $25.0M Series B from USAA.
- intigriti, a bug bounty platform, raised a $22.0M Series B from Octopus Ventures.
- Doppler, an API secrets management platform, raised a $20.0M Series A from CRV.
- Fleet Device Management, a mobile device management (MDM) platform for employee laptops and cloud servers, raised a $20.0M Series A from CRV.
- Smallstep, an open-source toolkit to automate TLS certificate administration, raised a $19.0M Series A from StepStone Group.
- MazeBolt Technologies, a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack simulation platform, raised a $10.0M Venture Round from Unknown.
- Rita Personal Data, a consumer data privacy service, raised a $1.1M Pre-Seed from Pitchdrive.
- RedRays, a threat and vulnerability detection platform for SAP systems, raised a $500.0K Corporate Round from Unknown.
- Beacon Global Strategies, a professional services firm specializing in international policy, defense, cybersecurity, and intelligence., raised an undisclosed Private Equity Round from ICV Partners.
- Internxt, a secure cloud storage platform, raised an undisclosed Corporate Round from Unknown.
- WiJungle, a secure networking platform, raised an undisclosed Seed from Unknown.
🤝 Mergers & Acquisitions
- WhiteHat Security, an application security company, was acquired by Synopsys for $330.0M.
- Radiflow, an operational technology (OT) cybersecurity platform, was acquired by Sabancı Holding for $45.0M.
- WeHackPurple, a cybersecurity training and education company, was acquired by Bright Security for an undisclosed amount.
- NFINIT, a managed services provider (MSP) focused on cloud infrastructure and security, was acquired by LightEdge Solutions for an undisclosed amount.
- PullRequest, a platform that provides external code review team to companies, was acquired by HackerOne for an undisclosed amount.
- Sphonic, a workflow engine to enable fraud prevention, was acquired by Signicat for an undisclosed amount.
🔐 Secure The Job
If you're looking for new opportunities (actively or passively), I've got two ways to help:
- Return on Security Job Board - Browse the jobs I curate each week and apply for what matches your interests.
- Return on Security Talent Collective - Join the talent collective to get personally matched with high-growth, high-upside opportunities. This is invite-only, curated by me, and you can set your profile to be public or anonymous.
Search firms, recruiters, and hiring managers - hire the best talent from the Return on Security community by signing up here.
📚 Great Reads & Finds
- Early Security for Startups - This is advice for early-stage startups without security teams (the post ends with advice on your first security hire!). It focuses on the basics for an early-stage startup.
- Remove Your Contact Info From Google - Google now lets you request the removal of personal contact information from search results and individual sites.
- What To Look For When Reviewing a Company’s Infrastructure - Marco Lancini covers how to prioritize where to focus and what to fix when reviewing your organization's cloud infrastructure and footprint.
IYKYK - Somebody please make an Instagram channel of just cleaning up told tech.
🎉 Enjoying This Newsletter?
- Share the newsletter with a friend or on social media
- Support independent publishing
- Check out the cybersecurity career advancement video course
Have questions, comments, or feedback about this issue? I'd love to hear from you.
Reach out on Twitter or reply directly to the newsletter version of this issue.
Thanks for reading!