Table of Contents
I hope you had a great weekend!
Application security and secure remote access led the way last week on the funding side.
Given that remote work is here to stay and that software security has become increasingly important (it’s always been important, but we’re just seeing funding start to catch up), we can expect these trends to continue dominating the second half of 2022.
This week I'll be at the Blu Cyber Security Summit possibly handing out Security, Funded stickers. 👀
Let's dive into May 💦
- 16 companies raised $747.3M across 12 unique product categories
- 6 companies were acquired or had a merger event for $52.0M
🧩 By Product Category
- $209.0M for Secure Remote Access
- $196.0M for Mobile Device Security
- $150.0M for Application Security
- $63.0M for Security Analytics
- $60.0M for Cloud Security
- $30.0M for Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- $15.0M for Software Supply Chain Security
- $13.0M for Secure Networking
- $9.0M for IT Asset Management (ITAM)
- $2.0M for Anti-Bot
- $250.0K for Security Operations
- An undisclosed amount for Managed Services Provider (MSP)
Access niche cybersecurity funding and product category trends to bring value to your customers and investments.
✌️ Goodbye generic data.
👋 Hello curated, high-signal data.
Find your next alpha.
🏢 By Company
- Mosyle, a mobile device management (MDM) platform for Apple devices, raised a $196.0M Series B from Insight Partners.
- Teleport, a platform that creates unified remote access to internet resources via ephemeral certificates, raised a $110.0M Series C from Bessemer Venture Partners.
- Tailscale, a zero-trust network access (ZTNA) platform, raised a $99.0M Series B from CRV and Insight Partners.
- Coherent, a platform that lets you centralize, audit, and secure business logic, raised a $75.0M Series B from Maverick Capital.
- Edge Delta, a security analytics and observability platform, raised a $63.0M Series B from Quiet Capital.
- Traceable AI, a cloud security platform, raised a $60.0M Series B from IVP.
- Lumos, an identity and access management (IAM) and identity governance platform, raised a $30.0M Venture Round from Andreessen Horowitz.
- ShiftLeft, a code security platform, raised a $29.0M Series C from SYN Ventures, Blackstone Innovation Investments.
- autoRABIT, a code security platform for Salesforce development, raised a $26.0M Series B from Full In Partners.
- Graphite, an open-source code security platform, raised a $20.0M Series A from Andreessen Horowitz.
- Phylum, a DevSecOps platform for software supply chain security, raised a $15.0M Series A from ClearSky.
- Network Perception, a secure networking and configuration management platform, raised a $13.0M Series A from The Westly Group.
- Hubble Technology, an IT asset management platform, raised a $9.0M Seed from Paladin Capital Group.
- CHEQ, an anti-bot and machine identity protection platform, raised a $2.0M Venture Round from Semantic Ventures, Firstminute Capital, and Connect Ventures.
- Salem Cyber, a security operations center (SOC) AI assistant, raised a $250.0K Seed.
- Brama Systems, a managed services provider (MSP), raised an undisclosed Venture Round from TIIN Capital.
🤝 Mergers & Acquisitions
- Qustodio, a personal cybersecurity company focused on digital wellbeing, was acquired by Family Zone for $52.0M.
- BehavioSec, a behavioral biometrics and continuous authentication, was acquired by LexisNexis Risk Solutions for an undisclosed amount.
- Comae Technologies, a digital forensics platform, was acquired by Magnet Forensics for an undisclosed amount.
- Crypho, an encrypted mobile messaging platform, was acquired by Techstep for an undisclosed amount.
- enfoPoint Solutions, a managed services provider (MSP), was acquired by ITsavvy for an undisclosed amount.
- Hdiv Security, a code security platform, was acquired by Datadog for an undisclosed amount.
🔐 Secure The Job
If you're looking for new opportunities (actively or passively), I've got two ways to help:
- Return on Security Job Board - Browse the jobs I curate each week and apply for what matches your interests.
- Return on Security Talent Collective - Join the talent collective to get personally matched with high-growth, high-upside opportunities. This is invite-only, curated by me, and you can set your profile to be public or anonymous.
Search firms, recruiters, and hiring managers - hire the best talent from the Return on Security community by signing up here.
📚 Great Reads & Finds
- SMMRY Newsletter - SMMRY is a daily, curated newsletter with links and SMMRYs of the best stories in tech, science, and development.
- Bash-Oneliner - A collection of handy Bash One-Liners and terminal tricks for data processing and Linux system maintenance.
- Meet the Blockchain Detectives Who Track Crypto’s Hackers and Scammers - A handful of skilled independent investigators are uncovering high profile scams and hacks in the crypto and web3 world.
There is nuance and complexity in life as in art 🤌🎨
🎉 Enjoying This Newsletter?
Have questions, comments, or feedback about this issue? I'd love to hear from you.
Reach out on Twitter or reply directly to the newsletter version of this issue.
Thanks for reading!