Table of Contents
Each month I do a small recap of cybersecurity funding and acquisition stats by the numbers with visuals.
At a Glance
The cybersecurity funding landscape for April 2022.
- More than $1.9B was invested in 60 cybersecurity companies across 34 unique product categories in April 2022, up from $1.23B in 52 companies from March 2022.
- Nearly $20B accounted for 29 companies with an acquisition or merger event across 16 unique product categories.
- More than 50% of funding went to United States-based companies, with more than 21% going to Switzerland-based companies and ~10% going to Israeli-based companies.
- More than 4% of funding went to Pre-Seed and Seed rounds in April, up from 2.67% in March
Top Funded Product Categories
- $412.0M for Application Security
- $232.8M for Data Protection
- $215.0M for Managed Detection and Response (MDR)
- $180.0M for Endpoint Protection
- $147.5M for Threat & Vulnerability Management (TVM)
Top Funded Industries
- $952.3M was not industry-specific
- $412.0M for Developer Tools / Open Source
- $150.0M for Information Technology
- $125.0M for Government / Critical Infrastructure and Energy
- $103.3M for Financial Services
Top Lead Investor Teams
- $412.0M for Advent International, General Catalyst
- $215.0M for Vista Equity Partners
- $125.0M for Goldman Sachs Asset Management
- $110.0M for Accel
- $100.0M for Novator, Burda Principal Investments
Top Countries Funded
- $1.0B+ for United States
- $412.0M for Switzerland
- $202.0M for Israel
- $100.0M for Lithuania
- $94.0M for Hungary
Data Collection Methodology
A few tenants I follow for collecting and creating this data:
- I only use public data sources
- I evaluate each company that makes this list to make sure they are solving a cybersecurity problem
- I personally assign the product category for each company (regardless of what their marketing says)
- All funding and acquisition values are in U.S. dollars
- All funding amounts are from the time of collection
Do you want to get access to the raw data I collect every month so you can do additional analysis?
Just want the data delivered to you every week without having to do the heavy lifting yourself?
I got you! Check out the data subscription service to learn more.
A weekly recap of cybersecurity funding and M&A news.