Security, Funded - March 2022 Roll-Up
A recap of cybersecurity funding and acquisition news from March 2022.
Table of Contents
Each month I do a small recap of funding and acquisition stats by the numbers with visuals.
By the Numbers
- More than $1.23B was invested in 52 cybersecurity companies across 28 unique product categories. This is down from $2.4B in 51 companies from February 2022.
- More than $9B accounted for 21 companies that had an acquisition or merger event across 11 unique product categories.
- More than 80% of funding went to United States companies, with more than 12% going to Israeli companies.
- 2.67% of funding went to Pre-Seed and Seed rounds across 11 companies
Even with all of the global conflicts and supply chain worries, funding in the cybersecurity space did not slow down.
Where there was less money in companies receiving new funding, there was significantly more money in mergers and acquisitions signaling that companies are consolidating to create consistent cash flow streams.
We can expect this trend to continue going forward into April with continued acquisitions.
Data Collection Methodology
A few tenants I follow for collecting and creating this data:
- I only use public data sources
- I evaluate each company that makes this list to make sure they are solving a cybersecurity problem
- I personally assign the product category for each company (regardless of what their marketing says)
- All funding and acquisition values are in U.S. dollars.
- All funding amounts are from the time of collection