Table of Contents
Each month I do a quick recap of cybersecurity funding and acquisition stats by the numbers with visuals.
At a Glance
A lookback at what moved the cybersecurity market in May 2022.
- Approximately $1.9B was invested in 62 cybersecurity companies across 32 unique product categories in May 2022, matching the $1.9B invested in 60 companies in April 2022.
- More than 80% of funding when to United States-based companies, with the remainder spread between Canada, Israel, Indonesia, and Finland.
- Over $10.0B accounted for 34 cybersecurity companies with a merger or acquisition event across 17 unique product categories
- Seed funding rounds accounted for 4.37% in May, up from 4% in April.
Top Funded Product Categories
- $340.0M for Email Security
- $209.0M for Secure Remote Access
- $201.7M for Threat & Vulnerability Management (TVM)
- $196.0M for Mobile Device Security
- $174.7M for Application Security
Top Funded Industries
- $1.5B was not industry specific
- $232.0M for Web3
- $115.3M for Enterprise Software
- $15.0M for Military & Defense
- $12.5M for InsurTech
Top Lead Investor Teams
- $406.0M for Insight Partners
- $200.0M for Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR), TenEleven Ventures
- $170.0M for GIC
- $110.0M for Bessemer Venture Partners
- $100.0M for Andreessen Horowitz, Alan Blaine
Top Countries Funded
- $1.6B for United States
- $99.0M for Canada
- $71.0M for Israel
- $47.7M for Indonesia
- $40.0M for Finland
Data Collection Methodology
A few tenants I follow for collecting and creating this data:
- I only use public data sources
- I evaluate each company that makes this list to make sure they are solving a cybersecurity problem
- I personally assign the product category for each company (regardless of what their marketing says)
- All funding and acquisition values are in U.S. dollars
- All funding amounts are from the time of collection
Do you want to get access to the raw data I collect every month so you can do additional analysis?
Just want the data delivered to you every week without having to do the heavy lifting yourself?
I got you! Check out the data subscription service to learn more.
A weekly recap of cybersecurity funding and M&A news.