Advertise to an audience of key decision makers looking to stay current on market trends.
Promote to an audience who is passionate about understanding the trends, players, and investors who are shaping the cybersecurity market.
What Sponsors Get
Each sponsor will get their messaging amplified in four (4) different ways per issue, including:
A dedicated spot in the weekly newsletter (subscribe to see it 😉)
A tweet thread that looks like this:
A post on LinkedIn that looks like this:
A blog post on this website that looks like this
Long-standing research in advertising tells us that it takes three to seven impressions before a message registers.
Sponsors see the most benefit when sponsoring more than one issue at a time spread out over the course of a few months.
There is only one sponsor per issue, so it's all yours!
Text-only ads in the same font and format as the newsletter. This is a great way to showcase digital products or services and get in front of an often hard-to-reach audience.
- Main Title: 2-5 words
- Name & URL: the name and URL of your product
- Byline (optional): 5-10 words that summarize your product or value prop
- Description: the description of your product, value prop, or whatever it is you're trying to create a Call to Action (CTA) on ~250 characters max
- Image: No images, text-only format
- Placement: Near the middle of the newsletter
What Content Does The Best?
We live in a noisy world and there is nothing more important than creating a direct relationship with someone.
For those of us who are close to cybersecurity this is even more apparent.
This is a highly engaged audience. The sponsors that get the best traction are those who can offer something above and beyond their standard branding messaging.
The best performers have content that looks like this:
- Listicles (i.e., Top X ways to secure API workloads, etc.)
- Webinars (live or pre-recorded)
- Fireside Chats
- Whitepapers or eBooks
- Emerging research or technical posts breaking down a complex topic
- Any non-gated content
Types of Sponsors
Who would be a good fit to sponsor this newsletter?
Return on Security is about providing unique content that advances readers from where they were. Any person, project, or resource that offers advancement could be a good fit.
Examples can include:
- Cybersecurity or privacy product companies
- Organizations focused on a safer and more private Internet
- Digital products (i.e., eBooks, courses, etc.)
- Productized services
- Boutique consulting services or investment groups
- Industry research groups
The domain does not have to be in cybersecurity, but it does have to be useful and move people forward.
If you've got questions about whether sponsorship is right for you, feel free to email me.
Why Sponsor this Newsletter?
Here are a few reasons to consider:
- Email has some of the best returns of any marketing channel.
- It's more targeted than running ads on other mediums.
- It's a great way to get visibility for your brand or project to an active audience.
- You can have a hand in supporting independent publishing.
- You can help support me to continue writing and improving content.
Sponsorship Issue Metrics
I provide the following metrics for you to help understand the return on [security] investment for each sponsored issue:
- The number of subscribers the email was sent to
- The number of unique users who opened the email
- The newsletter clickthrough rate (CTR)
- The number of unique users who clicked the sponsored link
- The number of impressions and engagements on the associated tweet and LinkedIn posts
Metrics will be provided approximately one week after the sponsored issue to allow people time to open emails and engage with the social media content.
What's Not Included
Sponsoring this newsletter is a value exchange
I bring the audience, you bring your products and services.
Sponsoring the newsletter does not:
- Get your company access to the companies I work for or partner with
- Guarantee I'll take a product demo or talk to your sales team
Privacy is also very important so I will not share:
- Any names or email addresses of subscribers
- Any names or email addresses of subscribers who interacted with sponsored content
- Any information about users who engaged with the sponsored tweet thread or LinkedIn post
Companies get a canvas to shoot their best shots to a group of highly engaged decision makers, buyers, and investors in this industry.
Make it count.
Return on Security has an active and growing audience. Here are a few stats from the free weekly newsletter "Security, Funded" (updated periodically):
- Active Subscribers: ~690
- Email Open/Link Clickthrough Rate (CTR): ~49-52% / ~22-25%
- Sponsored Link Clicks: ~20-30+ clicks via email (not including social media engagement)
- Top Subscriber Location: USA, Israel, Canada, United Kingdom, India, Italy, Poland, Singapore
- Audience Occupation: Cybersecurity and technology practitioners at Fortune 500 companies, C-level executives, entrepreneurs, cybersecurity product companies, PE/VC investment professionals, consulting and staffing firms
- Newsletter Frequency: Weekly on Monday (unless it is a US holiday) at 10:00 AM ET / 2:00 PM UTC
- Sponsorship Slots: Only one sponsor per issue
Pricing and Availability
Ready to work together? That's awesome!
Use the link below to view the current availability:
Pricing package options and the onboarding process can be made available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.