Advertise to a tech-savvy audience looking to improve their professional and personal lives and looking to stay current on market trends.
Promote to an audience who is passionate about actively getting better. The readers consist of technology enthusiasts, corporate and private investment professionals, and creative types looking to stay current and level up.
Return on Security has an active and growing audience. Here are a few stats from the free newsletter "Security, Funded" (updated periodically):
- Active Subscribers: ~220
- Email Open/Link Click Rate: ~40% / ~9-10%
- Sponsored Link Click Rate: ~12-15%
- Top Subscriber Location: USA, EU, and Singapore
- Audience Occupation: Cybersecurity and technology practitioners at Fortune 500 companies, C-level executives, cybersecurity product companies, PE/VC investment professionals, and IT consulting and staffing firms
- Newsletter Frequency: Weekly on Monday at 10:00 AM ET
- Sponsorship Slots: Only one sponsor per issue
Pricing and Availability
Use the link below to view current pricing and availability.
Text-only ads in the same font and format as the newsletter. This is a great way to showcase digital products or services and get in front of an often hard-to-reach audience.
- Main Title: 2-5 words
- Name & URL: the name and URL of your product
- Byline (optional): 5-10 words that summarize your product or value prop
- Description: the description of your product and value prop - 250 characters max
- Image: No images, text-only format
- Placement: Near the middle of the newsletter
What Sponsors Get
Sponsors get a spot in the bottom third of the newsletter to share their message and description.
Here's a sponsors ad example:
You can see a previous full newsletter here.
Types of Sponsors
Who would be a good fit to sponsor this newsletter? Return on Security is about providing unique content that advances readers from where they were. Any person, project, or resource that offers advancement could be a good fit.
Examples can include:
- Digital products (i.e., ebooks, courses, etc.)
- Productized services
- Boutique consulting services or investment groups
- Industry research groups
The domain does not have to be in cybersecurity, but it does have to be useful and move people forward.
If you've got questions about whether sponsorship is right for you, feel free to email me.
Why Sponsor this Newsletter?
Here are a few reasons to consider:
- Email has some of the best returns of any marketing channel.
- It's more targeted than running ads on other mediums.
- It's a great way to get visibility for your brand or project to an active audience.
- You can have a hand in supporting independent publishing.
- You can help me to continue writing and improving content.